Missing Music and Playlists

majones

Missing Music and Playlists

Post by majones »

I hadn't appreciated the significance of the message under Settings / Mapped Drives "My Media runs as a background Windows Service therefore it is unable to access Windows mapped drive letters as these are local to your logged on profile. In order to tell My Media about your mapped drives, please add them below. You may need to enter credentials in order to access them if they require authentication". It explains why I was struggling getting the Windows version to work, as I'd assumed that the drive mapping used by Windows account applied to My Media Alexa. It didn't.

So, if like me, under your Windows local profile you store Music on an M: drive and playlists on a P: drive, then My Media Alexa won't find them. You'll need to recreate the drive letters specifically for My Media Alexa using Settings / Mapped drives (needn't be M: and P:, can be what you want) and only then will My Media Alexa find them.

It's logical but not obvious, because you might like me assume that drive letters are shared between your local profile the My Media Alexa service.