Queries

Please post in this forum any phrases you think we should add to make My Media better at responding to your requests
luser

Queries

Post by luser »

Alexa ask my media what albums by XXX are available?
bizmodeller

Re: Queries

Post by bizmodeller »

Yup we are getting quite a few requests for this.

Concern is if you have 10 albums by xxxx, Alexa can start sounding very monotonous very quickly....
smokey

Post by smokey »

If you had 10 or more albums, could you not implement some sort of grading system where you favourite album was number one and your least favourite was ten, and then the albums are read out in favourite order for you?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We aren't currently storing play counts, although we will be adding that in an update. Then this could become possible
Happycamper

Post by Happycamper »

bizmodeller wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:11 pm
Yup we are getting quite a few requests for this.

Concern is if you have 10 albums by xxxx, Alexa can start sounding very monotonous very quickly....
You could read out the first 5, and then have it say " ask for more if you'd like more", maybe?
graham_hyde

Post by graham_hyde »

I have a similar issue as I am getting old I can't always remember all the titles of albums, Being able to ask what albums have a I got by XXX. A reply that numbers them 1-2-3-4 etc so I could just pick 4, would be even better :D
watzaum

Post by watzaum »

luser wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:49 am
Alexa ask my media what albums by XXX are available?
Support mentioned that a lot of requests for this. Any progress?

Yes, I like this idea a lot. I am not old and I don't remember all the album titles! :?
I also like the idea of mentioning up to 5 album titles and Alexa prompting if more are to be read out.
HANNTHEFTAUDIO

Post by HANNTHEFTAUDIO »

I'm 41 as of right now and I can't even remember half the artists I have without actually looking at my media player. It doesn't help when I have enough music to put Spotify to shame.