alexa, ask my media to wake me to ........

Please post in this forum any phrases you think we should add to make My Media better at responding to your requests
lbvagrant

Post by lbvagrant »

song - "here come the sun"
album - "cd name here"
genre - "some metal music"
random song

basicly make it do just like the standard wakeup/alarm skill but use the sound or song we want via my media.
as i do not use amazon music and it goes to iHeart radio and plays a "station" that may or may not be the band i said.

im guessing just put a timer in the play line that starts the entire play sequence just as normal but after a set amount of time. :ugeek:
I didn't do it... I was in Vegas that weekend - I swear. :twisted:
mweaver

Re: alexa, ask my media to wake me to ........

Post by mweaver »

I agree with this suggestion. We want to be able to use our own, local music library (through My Media) as alarm sounds.

It would also be nice of My Media could be included in Alexa Routines.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Amazon doesn't allow third party skills to interact in alarms or routines at the moment. However, Amazon are starting to allow third parties to write proper Music Skills which does open the door to this. Although implementing this for My Media style comes with challenges so we are still experimenting with this new model... more updates as we progress.
lbvagrant

Post by lbvagrant »

im an idea guy and troubleshooter so if i can help in any way testing or otherwise let me know... i see "my media" as being very popular in the near future and would love to help add features... :ugeek:
I didn't do it... I was in Vegas that weekend - I swear. :twisted:
wetware0

Post by wetware0 »

Yes. That would be so cool.
HANNTHEFTAUDIO

Post by HANNTHEFTAUDIO »

It would be cool to add all this. Right now, I use a routine set to play at a certain time.

I setup the routine so that at a certain time to use the "Custom" action. In that action i type in "Ask my media to play the song song name. From there I go to "Hear Alexa From" option and choose my echo device. Save it and that's it.