Forum dedicated to rtRemote, our Windows 8 App for remote controlling iTunes
GrandMa

Problem iTunes 12 Album Play order

Post by GrandMa »

Hi,

Thank you for your application.

Since iTunes 12:
I select a song from an album.
The next songs will not be taken from the same album but from the random iTunes list.

That problem doesn't exist from Apple "remote" app on an iPhone or iPad.
This is now a show stopper for me. Or maybe there is a way to configure iTunes or rtRemote to properly behave.
I have a Microsoft Surface RT running Windows 8.1 and a tablet running standard Windows 8.1 (none-RT). Both have this problem.

There is also problems of doubling of characters in the search box or an out-of-synch of what is being played in the status bar but I can live with those.

Oh! a great feature would be to have a dynamic playlist like "remote" app on iPhone where you can long press a song and have it added to the current playlist... ouuuu.. that would be nice.

Please let me know - is there an update coming? Thanks.
GM
bizmodeller

Re: Problem iTune 12

Post by bizmodeller »

Just a quick note to say we're looking into this issue. Will report back in a few days...
GrandMa

Post by GrandMa »

Thanks... looking forward for it... I'm back using the iPad and that's a tough one for me :cry:

GM (an happy buying customer)
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We should have fixed the problem now, and an update has been sent to the Windows Store for certification. Turn around time is usually a few days, so you should see an update that fixes the "album playlist random order bug" next week.
There is also problems of doubling of characters in the search box or an out-of-synch of what is being played in the status bar but I can live with those.
If you can give further information on these, we can certainly look at them further. Can't reproduce either - is there a reliable test scenario?
Oh! a great feature would be to have a dynamic playlist like "remote" app on iPhone where you can long press a song and have it added to the current playlist... ouuuu.. that would be nice.
a "queue this next" function right? Yeah, should be ok.... will ensure the "album playlist random order bug" is fixed first then look at this.
GrandMa

Re: Problem iTunes 12 Album Play order

Post by GrandMa »

Hello,

Just got the update and it's working nicely. Thank you for this prompt resolution.

I am not able to reproduce the doubling character problem. The symptoms would be that in the search box you would get two characters instead of one when tapping using the virtual keyboard on the surface Windows RT.
The fact that I cannot reproduce the problem might come from your update or iTune 12 update. Might also be one of those just difficult to reproduce. I'll be on the look out for it and if it happens again I'll try to pin point the test case.

Yes ("queue this next")! I think iTune call it "Play next" but there is also the "Add to list" (not sure if that's exactly the terms iTune use - my installation is in French), which add to the end of the current playlist. I'm using both function when partying where we choose the music piece and build up the list as we dance. To have both functions would be great so we (finally) don't have to use the iPad anymore.
Now, I see that you can flick a list entry in rtRemote and make selections. That might be the way for you to allow selection (instead of a long press) and have the option in the bottom bar to add "next" or "at the end" - just a suggestion, anything you come up with would be great.

Thanks again,
GM
WarnerDruse

Problem iTunes 12 Album Play order

Post by WarnerDruse »

Im not sure about iTunes, but the latest Quicktime upgrade has had problems. People have reported that after the update they couldnt play Quicktime videos embedded in web pages.

Can you burn a regular CD from iTunes?