Help with ripping main title

gpounders

Help with ripping main title

Post by gpounders »

WOW. The new v3 is very powerful but documentation and this forum are really lacking a lot of detail.

I need some help with the new ripping feature. I have anydvd and handbrake installed. I tried to rip "dallas buyers club" but I don't know how to get this to rip just the main title. When I start up handbrake it seems to always get the right title. I used the ignore titles < 50 mins. It ripped only about 50 minutes of the main title. WHat am I don't wrong?
@Ed

Re: Help with ripping main title

Post by @Ed »

Yup - v3 is a major upgrade. As such, we're working to improve the documentation but do check out our user guide at http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/UserGuide. It'll be updated in the coming weeks and months as will this forum with more How-To's.

re ripping main title. There's lots of different ways of ripping movies with iHomeServer so can you tell me a little more about how you're doing it. For example - are you ripping this straight from DVD having set up an iHomeServer Watch Folder over your DVD drive, or have you already ripped the DVD files to VOBs and have the VOBs in a directory? Also, if you can zip and send me your logs (to [email protected]) then I can take a closer look.
gpounders

Post by gpounders »

Thanks. I'm ripping direct from DVD using watch folder on DVD drive. I have anydvd installed and handbrake also. I uploaded the log. You might see Tower which was successful but Frozen only ripped a few minutes of file.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Hi - thanks - unfortunately I haven't received the log - did it email ok? Please ensure you zip and email it as the log files may be too big to email directly - many thanks
gpounders

Post by gpounders »

Sorry, I thought I uploaded. I have upgraded to the version 3.1.58 and it rips the main title much better now. Problem I have now is that it leaves a xx.tmp file the same size as the movie on the disc. I will send you the log file
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok thanks for the log. I think the TMP file is being created by Handbrake (iHomeServer doesn't create it). Because iHomeServer is monitoring that folder, the log picks up a rename of the TMP file back to M4V so not sure why you are ending up with what appears to be a copy of the file.

I'll try to recreate it - does this happen on every rip? Or is the problem intermittent?
gpounders

Post by gpounders »

It was happening on every rip but it appears that it is fixed since I installed version 3.1.61