DNLA and Bravia KDL46EX715

Slechtvalk

DNLA and Bravia KDL46EX715

Post by Slechtvalk »

Hello, and thank you for that great software.

Well it looks everythine fine, but i need some help to get DNLA streaming to work with a Sony Bravia KDL46EX715.

I tried almost every form of options, but whenever i try in my Bravia the Network Server diagnosis i get the information:

ARSENAL:Arsenal: failed
ARSENAL iHomeserver for iTunes: 1 failed.
DNLA error 2.PNG
DNLA error 2.PNG (36.47 KiB) Viewed 15627 times
DNLA error 1.PNG
DNLA error 1.PNG (32.58 KiB) Viewed 15627 times
Before my iHomeserver i had a Buffalo Linksstation LS-XHL 602 where DNLA worked fine.

Any ideas? Thank you!
bizmodeller

Re: DNLA and Bravia KDL46EX715

Post by bizmodeller »

If *all* DLNA streaming is failing then it sounds initially like a firewall issue.

Easiest way to check this is to see whether you can access the iHomeServer Web Interface from another device on your network, eg a tablet or laptop. By default the web interface is enabled on installation and available on the following URL http://[server_name_or_ip_address]:42050 although this can be changed in configuration.

If this does not work then it is very likely a firewall issue and we can take the diagnosis from there.
Slechtvalk

Post by Slechtvalk »

Well that Works. Tries with Laptops and desktops.

Bravia is an allowed device in dnla, on the other side i have an erfror on whs 2011 device and Printer page, both bravia and pioneer vx921 are marked with a yellow period an the driver for media streaming client is missing.

But i cant find a whs2011 driver for that.
Slechtvalk

Post by Slechtvalk »

Well its a firewall issue.

if i completely deactivate it, it works, but i dont understand it.

Created a rule based on ingoing and outgoing traffic for domain, public and local on the ips of my subnet. It doesnt work. Any ideas?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Which firewall software are you using? If it's the standard Windows firewall then then iHomeServer installer should create the necessary rules for you at install time.

If it's a third party firewall then it unfortunately can't. But I think I agree that your custom rule should have worked ok.

In your test rule did you enable both UDP and TCP traffic?

Alternatively does your firewall allow you to allow an application through the firewall (instead of you specifying the ports yourself). If so, then maybe you can let the iHomeServer.exe through instead.
Slechtvalk

Post by Slechtvalk »

Sorry for my late answer,

Well its the normal whs2011 firewall of microsoft.

it should allow tcp and udp for complete subnet. I dont get it.