Autorip of some files (avi) failed

iHomeWHS

Autorip of some files (avi) failed

Post by iHomeWHS »

I setup an autorip watch folder.
Handbrake is installed.
I copy some avi files to the watch folder

=> Quicktime generates an error, and the file is not converted.
(red. warning sign in watch folder for that file)

=> Converting manually with handbrake is no problem.

The resulting m4v works well an could be imported.
bizmodeller

Re: Autorip of some files (avi) failed

Post by bizmodeller »

On the iHomeServer Conversions tab do you see that the AVI file appeared in the list - if so, what's the status shown and what's the indicated completed progress?

Can you please send me your iHomeServer log files via email so I can review in further details. You can find information on how to find the logs here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm - you can email the log files to support @ bizmodeller.com
iHomeWHS

Post by iHomeWHS »

Will come later back, cause I'm on holiday. Perhaps I could reproduce remotely ...

However:
- The problem seems to be, that quicktime has a problem with the file when accessing. It generates an error message.
- This seems to prevent starting the conversion process with handbrake.
- So every file quicktime can't process isn't forwarded to handbrake, correct?

I have found a lot of avi containers that quicktime has a problem with. After manually converting to m4v by handbrake it runs like a charm in itunes

Many thanks for supporting!
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

The problem seems to be, that quicktime has a problem with the file when accessing. It generates an error message.
It shouldn't get as far as Quicktime or iTunes if it is an AVI file. Any file with a file extension that is matched for Handbrake file conversions go directly to the Handbrake conversion queue. Only once they are converted do we add them to iTunes.

My suspicion is that the AVI file type may be defined both in your Watch Folder settings (under "File types that will be imported directly" on the Watch Folder tab of settings") and also under the Video conversions tab of settings under "File Types that will be converted by Handbrake").

can you check this pls?
iHomeWHS

Post by iHomeWHS »

O.k. couldn't reproduce this anymore.

Perhaps you're right, and the setting was wrong when testing.

Now there are no .avi extension under "File types that will be imported directly" at the moment, and the imports works with two different .avi files withoutany problems.

Sorry fotr the "false alarm"