Modifications to transcodingmap.xml

[email protected]

Modifications to transcodingmap.xml

Post by [email protected] »

I've made several modifications to the transcodingmap.xml file, but they just won't seem to take. It's like the software is looking someplace else. I've deleted whole profiles, added profiles, changed templates and all kinds of different attempts, but no matter what I do, the list of profiles in the software remains unchanged. The sub-profiles remain unchanged. I've even deleted the file, but the software is unaffected. I've searched my machine for other copies of the file, but no alternate versions were found. What's the deal?
bizmodeller

Re: Modifications to transcodingmap.xml

Post by bizmodeller »

Best thing is if you can zip and email us (at support @ bizmodeller.com) a copy of your iHomeServer log files. You can find information on how to find the log files here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm

In the meantime, the line of the log that shows that iHomeServer has detected a change to the transcodingmap.xml file is here:

Code: Select all

TranscodingManager::RefreshMapGroupList - mapping file has changed, reloading...
The xml file should live under c:\program files\iHomeServer (you can optionally override it by creating a similar file here - c:\Users\[UserRunningiHomeServer]\AppData\Roaming\iHomeServer (for iTunes) - but this is strictly optional).