Auto rip music CD's

Billthebodger

Auto rip music CD's

Post by Billthebodger »

I am a new user just testing out the software before making a purchase and I like what I see so far. iHomeserver is installed on my WHS 2011 machine with iTunes running as a service.
When I insert a music CD nothing happens - iTunes is set to "import CD and eject" in preferences and if I open it on the desktop via remote access the CD appears in iTunes. Clicking import manually does rip the CD fine.
It may be worth mentioning that I also have Mymovies installed as well but there are no conflicts indicated although Mymovies isn't doing the rip either.
Any ideas on how to get iHomeserver to auto rip please?
Thanks
bizmodeller

Re: Auto rip music CD's

Post by bizmodeller »

Hi,

If you have iTunes open interactively on the desktop, and then insert a CD, does it automatically rip or do you still have to trigger the import manually?

Some other questions:
1. What drive letter is your CD-ROM mounted as? iTunes as known issues if the drive is A:
2. Do you have any other software installed (other than MyMovies) - eg DVD burning software?
3. If you open your iHomeServer.log file (see http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm) just after you insert a CD do you see the text "DISK INSERTED"?
4. Do you get any message in the iHomeServer messages window when you try to autorip CDs whilst iTunes is running under iHomeServer control?

It may also be worth looking at the following article to see whether you have any other filter drivers affecting iTunes's ability to see the drive - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372 - I'd advise reviewing the filter list before making any changes described in that article, but the article does show you the registry entries that tell you what filters are installed,
Billthebodger

Post by Billthebodger »

Hi
Thanks for taking the trouble to help - I'm still struggling with this
With iTunes open on the WHS desktop I inserted a CD and nothing happened until I clicked import manually
1 The drive letter is "E" and the CD shows up correctly
2 Other software - Any DVD Plex Media Server and MyMovies
3 Yes - the text "Disk Inserted" appears in the log file
4 No message in iHomeServer messages window

Thanks again for your help
Billthebodger

Post by Billthebodger »

Clearly I'm not going to get this sorted anytime soon. This is such a shame as I really like the software and interface and had intended to take it on to do video. Unfortunately as my trial period is ending I'm going to have to ditch it and return to MyMovies. There's not much point in paying for something that may or may not work for me
Thanks anyway. :(
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Apologies for the delay in replying and that you're still having issues. If you drop us a mail at support @ bizmodeller.com then we can extend your trial to give some more time to work this through.

Also, if you can zip and email us (pls do not post them here) your iHomeServer log files (please see here http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm) then we may get further information.