Upgraded from v2.x to v3.x

gibster329

Upgraded from v2.x to v3.x

Post by gibster329 »

Whenever WHS2011 with Version 3.1.65 of iHome Server installed starts up, I keep getting the message that I should upgrade from v2.x to v3.1.65.

What do I need to do to make this issue go away?

Thanks

gib
bizmodeller

Re: Upgraded from v2.x to v3.x

Post by bizmodeller »

Odd - Did the upgrade complete successfully? Please could you please send me a screenshot of the message either to the forum or to our support email address support [at] bizmodeller.com. Thanks
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

Hi.

I'm in the middle of trying to fix another problem that might have been caused by this issue. Since doing the upgrade my dashboard would quit responding after a few minutes. I ended up rdp'ing into the server and launching the dashboard from there. I noticed that both versions of iHomeServer were listed in the addins tab. So I uninstalled v2.x and rebooted. Still had the same dashboard issues though. I've now removed v3.x and have rebooted the server. I'll see if this solves the issue with the dashboard becoming unresponsive. If it does then I'll try to reinstall v3.x and let you know how it goes.

I did a Google search for "whs2011 dashboard quits responding" and came up with this link which sort of points to problems with addins apparently not uninstalling cleanly.

http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.php/ ... ch-issues/

Cheers

gib
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

So far so good. I'll know more in the morning if the dashboard is still responding. Seems to be speedier since removing/rebooting/reinstalling v3.1.65.0
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok thanks for the update - let me know how you get on.

When you did the upgrade from v2 to v3, did you do it from the desktop or from the dashboard? FYI It should not be possible to upgrade from v2 to v3 without the installer first uninstalling v2.
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

Well, better then it was, but still have issues with the dashboard failing to respond after it's been opened for a while. At least got the iHomeServer issues sorted out. Time for an upgrade on hardware and software for the machine I think.

Cheers

gib
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

bizmodeller wrote:ok thanks for the update - let me know how you get on.

When you did the upgrade from v2 to v3, did you do it from the desktop or from the dashboard? FYI It should not be possible to upgrade from v2 to v3 without the installer first uninstalling v2.
I did it through an RDC session on the server desktop after downloading and copying the file over to server storage. Seemed to take a long time to install, but it did say it was completed after it had finished. But as was mentioned earlier, when actually looking at the AddIns tab v2.x was still listed as being installed along with v3.x.

For the reinstall, just did it on my Win7 client machine and took considerably less time to finish.

gib
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

bizmodeller wrote:ok thanks for the update - let me know how you get on.

iTunes Server seems to be running fine now with the correct version number showing. However I'm still getting the freezing Dashboard if I leave it open too long. I'll have to work on that issue or move to a new server with Server Essentials 2012 R2 which I'll be doing after the 1st of the year.

Thanks