Disable TV file rename?

mclarkin9681

Disable TV file rename?

Post by mclarkin9681 »

I have a watch folder to push TV shows to iTunes, it appears to be working great...however i was wondering if it is possible to move the file to iTunes and not rename the actual file name? My shows use ShowName S01E01 - Pilot as the naming convention...this is used with Plex Media server which i am currently running as well. Is this possible?
bizmodeller

Re: Disable TV file rename?

Post by bizmodeller »

iHomeServer doesn't actually rename any files - it just tags with metadata.

If, however, iTunes is configured to copy added media to the iTunes Media Library folder and to organise your library for you then it will be doing the file renaming which we can't turn on/off selectively per file type.

Do you need to have iTunes configured to copy added media to the iTunes Media library? iHomeServer can happily add your media to your iTunes library database without iTUnes actually moving the file into the iTunes Media Library.

Let me know if you need more info
mclarkin9681

Post by mclarkin9681 »

Thanks for the response. I unchecked and the setting that adds to the media folder. It works fine now. However i do have a question regarding the tagging. If i have a watch folder set up TV and i have the "auto-tagging mode" set to always...will it tag new files on the fly that are added to that folder if the naming convention is correct in the file? I have added files but it does not appear to auto tag them...after its been processed i can go back and manually tag the file. Is there a way to do this on the fly when a file is added to the watch folder?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

I have added files but it does not appear to auto tag them...after its been processed i can go back and manually tag the file. Is there a way to do this on the fly when a file is added to the watch folder?
We never found that there was a consistent naming convention for TV episodes that we could use. So instead you need to train iHomeServer about what TV episodes are in a specific folder by doing an AutoTag and ticking the checkbox "Remember these details for future files in this folder". This is available in 3.1.60.0 and later. It does assume that your files are grouped into folders by series and season.

If the community can agree on some consistent naming conventions for TV episodes then we could AutoTag this without needing the training! :)