PS3 won't play video

xxbucdieselxx

PS3 won't play video

Post by xxbucdieselxx »

Hello all, I am new to the software, and installed the free 30 day trial, in hopes of playingmy sons favorite TV show from itunes to my ps3. I downloaded and installed the software. And it connects to my ps3 without issue. I can navigate and I can play music with no issue at all. However whenever I actually go to play any of my TV shows or movies from iTunes I get the error the data is corrupted. I can navigate the folders fine I can see the video files without issue it even shows up the picture of the movie or TV show I'm trying to look at. However for some reason it will not play the actual file I've tested the file on my iPhone and playing on my computer through iTunes and there's no issue with it at all. So I'm curious if there's some setting that I don't have correct. Or is there something wrong with the files that just doesn't transfer I'm just not sure, I would like a little help if anyone has any ideas.
bizmodeller

Re: PS3 won't play video

Post by bizmodeller »

My guess is that the TVs/Movies you are playing have DRM/FairPlay protection on them - were these downloaded from the iTunes store?. At this point in time, iHomeServer cannot stream DRM protected movies via DLNA (although it can via it's web interface to iOS devices and can via iTunes's Home Sharing).
xxbucdieselxx

Re: PS3 won't play video

Post by xxbucdieselxx »

Indeed they were purchased from the iTunes Store. Ok so no drm stuff. Thank you for your response.