Windows 10 Support?

stevieboy

Windows 10 Support?

Post by stevieboy »

As per the subject. Will the current version run on Windows 10 (has it been tested yet?) Or is there an upgrade plan?

Many thanks,

Steve
bizmodeller

Re: Windows 10 Support?

Post by bizmodeller »

We're still testing iHomeServer on Windows 10 but yes we will support it so watch this space!
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Great, thanks.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

I have installed Windows 10 (I cloned my system to test this) and so far everything is working OK.

I did need to repair the IHS Install and once I had done this it loaded and is managing the iTunes service and advertising the DLNA service just fine. I have not tried any of the other functions such as DVD / CD ripping etc. so cannot at this stage comment on this.

I will Post further updates as I test it further.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Windows 10 Update.

I linked my User account to my Microsoft account and enabled a pin number to log in instead of password. This has caused some issue. Basically the IHS Service wont start due to a log on failure, presumably this is caused because the account now has the pin code enabled. The challenge here is to identify the correct course of action.

Firstly this is not strictly speaking an IHS Issue as any service configured to be run as this users will have the same issue, so I will need to see what the correct course of action is in this case.

I could create a new user without a linked MS Account and re-configure everything, this is a relatively simple solution but not the option I am going down just yet.

If the support team here have an answer, it would be gratefully received :-)

I will post a further update as I progress.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Problem solved!

Once the account is linked to the Microsoft account, so is the password. So the password for my user ID is no longer the windows password, but the Microsoft account password.

Maybe a schoolboy error, but something others may well experience in upgraded systems?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Good spot - thanks for the post and your update with the solution. We'll attempt to reproduce the issue with using Microsoft accounts instead of local accounts and post the results here and on our FAQ.

Thanks
skylier36

Post by skylier36 »

I've noticed another issue after upgrading to Windows 10.
All the libraries are empty in the iTunes View tab, but when opening iTunes in interactive mode the library has content.

iHomeServer: 3.1.76.0
iTunes: x64 12.2.25
Windows 10 Pro x64
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

This is actually an iTunes 12.2 issue rather than a Windows 10 one - iTunes 12.2 has changed the way the Library xml file is made available to third party apps such as iHomeServer. On new iTunes installations, by default, iTunes no longer creates the XML file which we use to read the iTunes library. This can be fixed by clicking an option within iTunes preferences.

Please can you manually run iTunes on your computer and under iTunes Preferences on the "Advanced" tab, please check the option to "Share the iTunes Library XML file with other applications". Then you can restart iHomeServer and your iTunes library view will be visible again
skylier36

Post by skylier36 »

That worked great.

Thank you