iHome Server not updating with latest tv shows ect.

elbartino

iHome Server not updating with latest tv shows ect.

Post by elbartino »

I have been adding some TV shows to ihome server today and it doesn't seem to be working well at all. Im running 12.3.0.44 of iTunes and have today upgraded to 3.1.90.0 or iHomeServer. The TV shows show under home movies. so I auto tag them and they populate as tv shows but don't appear in TV shows on ihomeserver (although they do If I launch iTunes) Its like its not getting the latest information from iTunes. any advice?
hatfieldjf

Re: iHome Server not updating with latest tv shows ect.

Post by hatfieldjf »

I've been using iHS for about a year and I've experienced that problem fairly often. My media is on a NAS RAID share, so I've wondered if this was part of or the origin of the problem. I've had some untagged media that I would autotag, it would move to a different part of the sorted list (to its TV show and Season for instance)as though it is tagged, but then it would return to the untagged area of my sorted list as though I never tagged them. Sometimes a reboot sorted it out, sometimes a reboot of the NAS sorted it out, sometimes stopping the iHS service and restarting sorted things out. The long story here is, I don't have any idea, but I feel your pain.
bizmodeller

Re: iHome Server not updating with latest tv shows ect.

Post by bizmodeller »

Most likely reason for this is if you are using iTunes on 64-bit Windows and running iHomeServer as a Windows Service. In this scenario you need to use the 'alternative' build of iTunes 12.x that Apple offers for older graphics cards - it's available here - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1816

The reason is that in the 64-bit version of iTunes after 12.x, Apple changed the way video processing worked which for some reason breaks video imports or metadata updates when running as a service. You can find more information here - http://blog.bizmodeller.com/post/2015/0 ... erver.aspx

Please post back whether this resolves your issue or not.