Problem with iHomeServer Version 3.1.90.0

JDFrench3

Problem with iHomeServer Version 3.1.90.0

Post by JDFrench3 »

I have iHomeServer installed on my Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials machine. iHomeServer version 3.1.90.0 was running on this platform since Jan 17 2016. Today I was adding some new videos to this server via iTunes when I noticed that iHomeServer was no longer running. A message window pop-up stated the Bizmodeller iHomeServer Service had not started. Restarting this service using the available option on the message window pop-up did not work. I checked running services and did not find the Bizmodeller iHomeServer service at all.

I uninstalled iHomeServer using the Windows Server Dashboard option. I rebooted the Windows Server. I then tried to reinstall iHomeServer. It would not install (a message window pop-up confirmed this). I then tried to install IHomeServer version 3.1.84.0. This version of iHomeServer installed with no problems. I did have to re-enter my credentials to have Bizmodeller iHomeServer service start but the process worked and iHomeServer is now again working.

I installed one optional Windows update since Jan 17 2016, KB3135449. I can not find any information about this update. Did this update cause this problem?
bizmodeller

Re: Problem with iHomeServer Version 3.1.90.0

Post by bizmodeller »

We are not aware of any stability issues with 3.1.90.0 nor any impact of the recent Windows updates. I would be grateful if you could upgrade back to 3.1.90.0 and see if the issue happens again. If it does, please zip and email us a copy of your log files to our support email address - support [at] bizmodeller.com and we can take a further look.