Remove / Delete Watch Folders Ghosted Out

Dwainpipe

Remove / Delete Watch Folders Ghosted Out

Post by Dwainpipe »

I've moved much of my media files up to a higher level of folder. I've added a new watch folder at that higher level and iHomeserver reindexed it immediately :-)

I've then tried to delete the old watch folder (i.e. the one at the lower folder level), but when I right click on folder to delete it the Delete option is ghosted out. Actually all options apart from Trigger Scan and Reindex... are ghosted out.

How do I remove the old watch folder?

Many thanks.
bizmodeller

Re: Remove / Delete Watch Folders Ghosted Out

Post by bizmodeller »

Are you trying to delete the watch folder from within the parent folder? If so, you're right - the Delete option isn't available at that level.

Instead, click the Up button to get to the top level of your Watch folders where you see the list of all your Watch Folders. Then click on the child folder and the Delete option should be available.

thanks
Dwainpipe

Post by Dwainpipe »

I've got around it :-)

So on my Win 2012 R2 Essentials server I get strange font size and dialogue boxes making my options unreadable.

But hovering my mouse over the buttons above where the watch folders are listed I found a delete button or option. Selecting the watch folder I wanted to delete and hover/clicking that button made the watch folder get deleted.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok great. Is the strange font size issue just an iHomeServer thing, or a general thing on your Win 2012 box?
Dwainpipe

Post by Dwainpipe »

Yes it's just ihomeserver, but I don't have much else installed. I have the same problem with Photoshop on my win 10 laptop so it's not just a Win2012 issue.
cleepops

Post by cleepops »

bizmodeller wrote:
Fri May 20, 2016 7:24 pm
Are you trying to delete the watch folder from within the parent folder? If so, you're right - the Delete option isn't available at that level.

Instead, click the Up button to get to the top level of your Watch folders where you see the list of all your Watch Folders. Then click on the child folder and the Delete option should be available.

thanks
Even when I opt for the upper level, using the up button, I cannot see a delete icon