Has iHomeServer been tested with WS 2016 Essentials?

JDFrench3

Has iHomeServer been tested with WS 2016 Essentials?

Post by JDFrench3 »

I recently installed WS 2016e on my WS 2012er2 server. IhomeServer 3.1.90 was running fine on the WS 2012er2 configuration. Now I installed iHomeServer 3.2.6.0 on the WS 2016e configuration and I can not even get the iTunes view to work. I even reverted back to iHomeServer 3.1.90 on the WS 2016e machine but got the same results. There seems to be no XML files present. Both configurations I was using iTunes 12.6., QuickTime 7.7.8, and Handbrake 1.0.7. What has changed?
JDFrench3

Re: Has iHomeServer been tested with WS 2016 Essentials?

Post by JDFrench3 »

OK, I uninstalled iHomeServer and iTunes rebooted the server, then installed iHomeServer and iTunes, again rebooting the server. After the dust settled, iHomeServer was working correctly, even allowing me to configure Stream My iTunes through your servers across the internet. All is once again working as it did with Windows Server 2012er2, using all updated versions of iHomeServer, iTunes, and Handbrake on Windows Server 2016e.
bizmodeller

Re: Has iHomeServer been tested with WS 2016 Essentials?

Post by bizmodeller »

hi,

thanks for letting us know. As I'm sure you already know, you do need to click the option in iTunes preferences to create the iTunes Library xml file - was this done the first time you installed iTunes?

If so, the only thing I can think of was a timing issue that iHomeServer started up before iTunes had first created the library file and needed a restart.

If you can zip and email us your logs, we can take a look to see what happened. You can find information on how to find your log files here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm

Thanks