Watch folder not seeing changes

stemray

Watch folder not seeing changes

Post by stemray »

I have a watch folder set up but it doesnt seem to recognize any changes to the folder now...was working. i can have it rescan and it sees new files but i have it set to watch. Any suggestion?
bizmodeller

Re: Watch folder not seeing changes

Post by bizmodeller »

Hi,

Is the Watch Folder over a local drive or a remote NAS drive? It could be that the NAS drive isn't sending notifications of the file changes back to the server? A way of testing this is to create a temporary Watch Folder over a local system drive and check whether file changes are being detected here.

If this is the case, then iHomeServer can only detect changes by doing a full sweep of the directories and looking for modification date changes file by file. Even if iHomeServer isn't getting the notification of file changes from the NAS drive, it should still do a full sweep every 12 hours so your changes should eventually get picked up. This scan can be done more frequently by adding a registry key if required.
stemray

Post by stemray »

The site is on the NAS. If I restart the service it works...seems like overnight it stops working. What is the registry key that will force a sync more often?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

iHomeServer does force a scan when it starts up so that may explain the behaviour. To add the registry key that overrides the scan interval, open the Registry Editor and navigate to:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\bizmodeller\iHomeServer
Create a DWORD value called:

Code: Select all

WatchFolderScanInterval
Set the value to how many hours interval between scans of the folder. The default setting is 12 for 12 hours.