Can't see remote iHomeServer for Library Synching

smonson

Can't see remote iHomeServer for Library Synching

Post by smonson »

I've got 3.1.58.0 installed on my Windows 7 desktop and my WHS 2011 Server. Windows 7 configured to run in desktop mode, WHS instance running as a service. They are both on the same subnet, and from iTunes, each can see the other's shared library. I'd like to enable library synching and remote management, so I configured each instances network settings to allow connections and allow library to be synchronized.

However, I cannot seem to get my two instances of iHomeServer to see each other, either from Server Explorer or Library Synching tab.

Any ideas?
bizmodeller

Re: Can't see remote iHomeServer for Library Synching

Post by bizmodeller »

Hey,

First thing I'd suggest is to temporarily disable any firewall on your Win 7 box and your WHS box (just as a test). Then please restart iHomeServer on both machines and see whether they see each other. If this works, please let me know and we can check the firewall settings that are configured during installation.

Failing that, please could you zip and send me your log files from both machines and I'll take a look. You can find details on how to find the log files here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm

Happy Easter!
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

smonson wrote:I've got 3.1.58.0 installed on my Windows 7 desktop and my WHS 2011 Server. Windows 7 configured to run in desktop mode, WHS instance running as a service. They are both on the same subnet, and from iTunes, each can see the other's shared library. I'd like to enable library synching and remote management, so I configured each instances network settings to allow connections and allow library to be synchronized.

However, I cannot seem to get my two instances of iHomeServer to see each other, either from Server Explorer or Library Synching tab.

Any ideas?
I'm having the same issues. I've turned off Bitdefender's firewall, restarted both servers and still can't see one server from the other. I've also got Win7 64bit, and WHS 2011 server running. My main library is on my Win7 machine and I want to keep WHS2011 synced with it.

I just installed iHomeServer on the Win7 box specifically for this reason. Haven't registered it yet if that could be the problem. If this doesn't work then I don't really want to worry about it, I'll just keep copying all the data across manually and adding it from iTunes on the WHS box.

Cheers

gib
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Please can you first try updating to iHomeServer 3.1.80.0 which is available at the bottom of our iHomeServer download page here http://www.bizmodeller.com/ihomeserver/ ... nload.aspx. It's available under the pre-release/beta section and the release resolves some bugs with library synchronisation support on computers with IPv6.

If you are still having issues, please open a support ticket with us via email and we'll take it from there.
gibster329

Post by gibster329 »

bizmodeller wrote:Please can you first try updating to iHomeServer 3.1.80.0 which is available at the bottom of our iHomeServer download page here http://www.bizmodeller.com/ihomeserver/ ... nload.aspx. It's available under the pre-release/beta section and the release resolves some bugs with library synchronisation support on computers with IPv6.

If you are still having issues, please open a support ticket with us via email and we'll take it from there.
Hi. Updated both Win 7 and WHS2011 to latest versions and fixed. Thanks for the great support. Will register the Win7 copy tonight after I get paid :)

Cheers

gib